Church of the Master
(Reformed Church in America)

2783 Lafayette Avenue at Swinton Avenue
Bronx, N.Y. 10465


The Church of the Master, a congregation of the Reformed Church in America, was organized in 1923.
   

M. P. Möller, Inc.
Hagerstown, Md. – Opus 4988 (1927)
Electro-pneumatic action
2 manuals, 20 registers, 10 stops, 6 ranks


The two-manual organ built by the M.P. Möller Company for the Church of the Master had a detached stop-key console. Casing was of quartered oak, and decorations were dull gold bronze. Wind pressure for the organ was set at 5". The contract dated April 2, 1927 indicates that the organ was to be completed by August 1, 1927.
               
Great Organ (Manual I) – 61 notes
8
  Open Diapason
61
4
  Octave [SW Open Diap.]
SW
8
  Melodia
73
4
  Flute Traverso [Melodia]
8
  Dulciana
73
8
  Oboe
SW
8
  Salicional
73
 
Chimes
20 Bells
8
  Viole d'Orchestre
SW
     
               
Swell Organ (Manual II) – 61 notes, enclosed
16
  Bourdon
97
8
  Dulciana
GT
8
  Lieblich Gedeckt
8
  Salicional
GT
4
  Orchestral Flute
8
  Vox Celeste [TC]
61
2 2/3
  Flute Twelfth
8
  Viole d'Orchestre
73
2
  Flautina
8
  Oboe
73
8
  Open Diapason
73
8
  Vox Humana
61
               
Pedal Organ – 32 notes
16
Bourdon
44
8
  Flute [Bourdon]
16
Lieblich Gedeckt
SW
     
               
Couplers
    Great to Pedal       Great 16', 4'  
    Swell to Pedal       Swell 16', 4', Unison Separation
    Swell to Great 16', 8', 4'          
               
Mechanicals
    Tremulant       Crescendo Indicator  
               
Adjustable Combinations
    Pistons No. 1-2-3-4 Affecting Great and Pedal Stops
    Pistons No. 1-2-3-4 Affecting Swell and Pedal Stops
               
Pedal Movements
    Great to Pedal Reversible      
    Balanced Swell Pedal      
    Grand Crescendo Pedal      

   
Sources:
     Gasero, Russell L., ed. Historical Directory of the Reformed Church in America, 1628-1992.
     Trupiano, Larry. Specifications of M.P. Möller organ, Op.4988 (1927).